Ambassador For Peace Campaign
The Ambassador For Peace campaign seeks to engage travelers, hotels, airlines, travel agents, tour operators and other industry sectors in promoting the belief that “every traveler is potentially an Ambassador for Peace.” Partnerships will be sought with major travel industry associations to broadly distribute the IIPT Credo of the Peaceful Traveler together with the iconic “Global Family Portrait” by artist Padre Johnson inscribed underneath with the words, “One Earth One Family.”
The program aim is to create awareness among all travelers that the privilege of traveling provides them with a unique opportunity to learn a little more about our common home – planet earth, the wonder of its natural beauty, its many diverse peoples, cultures and heritage – and in the process to foster mutual respect, understanding and appreciation with each person they encounter.
Another goal of the program is to place the IIPT Credo of the Peaceful Traveler and Global Family Portrait in hotel rooms, inflight magazines, travel agencies and tour operators, aboard cruise ships, etc. A plaque will also be available for display.
Grateful for the opportunity to travel and experience the world and because peace begins with the individual, I affirm my personal responsibility and commitment to:
- Journey with an open mind and gentle heart
- Accept with grace and gratitude the diversity I encounter
- Revere and protect the natural environment which sustains all life
- Appreciate all cultures I discover
- Respect and thank my hosts for their welcome
- Offer my hand in friendship to everyone I meet
- Support travel services that share these views and act upon them and,
- By my spirit, words and actions, encourage others to travel the world in peace